Yukon Housing Corporation

Programs & Services

Loan Programs

First Mortgage Loan

Owner Build Loan

Down Payment Assistance Program

Home Repair Loan

Rental Suite/Secondary Suite Loan


 First Mortgage Loan

• Financing for bank ineligible first-time homebuyers to purchase an existing home
• 2.5% down payment
• Low interest rates (1% below average posted rates)
• Amortize over 30 years
• 5 year terms
• Must prove bank ineligibility
• Opportunities to combine with Home Repair and Rental / Secondary Suite Program

First Mortgage Loan Information

Application


    Owner Build Loan

    • Financing for bank ineligible first-time homebuyers to build a new home
    • 2.5% down payment
    • Low interest rates (1% below average posted rates)
    • Amortize over 30 years
    • 5 year terms
    • Must prove bank ineligibility
    • Interest only payments during construction
    • For primary residence
    • Opportunities to combine with Home Repair and Rental / Secondary Suite Program

    Owner Build Loan Information

    Application:


       

      Down Payment Assistance Program

      • For first time home buyers who need a low interest loan to help with a down payment on a new home
      • This program requires participants to save 2.5% in order to be eligible for an additional 5% from YHC. Together, this amounts to a 7.5% down payment.
      • Participants are able to borrow up to 5% of the purchase price for the down payment
      • 2% interest rate
      • Amortize over 15 years
      • 5 year term
      • Eligibility capped at Statistics Canada median income

      Down Payment Assistance Program Information

      This program is on hold at this time, please check back for updates.


      Home Repair Loan

      • Financing to address building components in need of repair, energy efficiency upgrades, overcrowding and accessibility issues.
      • Borrow up to $50,000
      • Interest rates of prime + 1%
      • Amortize over 15 years
      • Forgivable loan and subsidy program for eligible clients (max $30,000)
      • Properties on rented or leased land are eligible for up to $20,000 in financing
      • For primary residence

      Home Repair Loan Information

      Application


       

      Rental Suite/Secondary Suite Loan

      • Financial assistance at a low interest rate to qualified Yukon landlords who have a rental living suite within their place of residence in need of repair, or to construct a new living suite where zoning allows.
      • Borrow up to $35,000 per unit
      • Properties on rented or leased land are eligible for up to $20,000 in financing
      • Interest rates of prime + 1%
      • Amortize over 15 years

      Rental Suite/Secondary Suite Loan Information

      Application

    • Rental Suite/Secondary Suite Loan Application (English / French)
    • Verification of Employment Form
    • Contact Us

      Location:
      410 Jarvis Street
      Whitehorse YT
      Y1A 2H5 

      Mailing address:
      Yukon Housing Corporation
      Box 2703 (Y-1)
      Whitehorse, Yukon
      Y1A 2C6

      Phone: (867) 667-5759
      Toll-free (in Yukon): 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5759
      Fax: (867) 667-3664
      Email: ykhouse@gov.yk.ca